Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running in Circles



I have decided green is a very difficult color to photograph! haha!

This is the card i made for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge.

I actually got the idea for this card from a wedding cake i saw online. (see image)
This is a great way to use scraps, too! I was able to use up several scrap pieces of white for the circles! I always love using every bit of my paper!
The funny thing about this card is, that I got my inspiration from this cake picture, and then after i made it, the very same day i saw that someone had a card challenge with almost the same layout! Great minds think alike, i guess! heehee!
Anyways, this is a card that YOU CAN DO! You can substitute any colors, and any sentiment you like, and it is a great card for MEN! coming up with cards for men seems to be the most difficlt thing for me.
For this card, i used Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White. I used the 3/4 in ch circle punch. to get the circles lined up properly, i started at the bottom corner of the piece, then just put the first row along the bottom, placing them against each other. then i went to the next row up, and placed the first one right against the side, and right on top of the bottom row. repeat until you have a nice stacked bunch of circles!

No comments: